Today, the world has woke to up to a devastating news of Legendary Bollywood Choreographer Saroj Khan. As per the source, she was admitted to Guru Nanak Hospital at Bandra on June 17, 2020 because of breathing difficulties and on 1:52 AM early on Friday, July 3rd, 2020 she took her breath and died of cardiac arrest in Mumbai.
The legendary choreographer died of cardiac arrest at the age of 71. Saroj Khan is survived by her husband Sardar Roshan Khan, and her kids – Son Hamid Khan and daughters Hina Khan and Sukaina Khan.
Let know about the Talented and legendary Choreographer Saroj Khan’s Personal and Professional life.
- Saroj Khan was born (Nirmala Kishanchand Sadhu Singh Nagpal) on 22 November 1948 in Bombay and her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- She started her career as a dancer since childhood and also appeared as a child artist in the film Nazraana at the age of three.
- Later she became one of the most prominent and leading Indian dance choreographers in Hindi cinema.
- With a career span of over forty years, she choreographed more than 2000 songs and is known as “The Mother of Dance/Choreography in India”and “The Dancing Queen of India”.
- Saroj Khan is the only citizen of India who have won three National awards for Best Choreography.
- The veteran choreographer also judged few dance reality show like ‘Nach Baliye’, ‘Dance India Dance’ and many more.
Many Bollywood, Choreographer and TV personalities have mourned her death including Amitabh Bachan, Remo D’souza, Madhuri Dixit, Kangana Ranaut and many more.