The pandemic has changed the way we work and earn in recent years. Working-from-home is the new norm, and it has come as a boon to people looking for online jobs. It has opened a slew of opportunities for earning money online. Online earning is an excellent avenue for homemakers to contribute to their household income with some extra time. It is also suitable for stay-at-home parents who want to earn money from home while caring for young children.
When looking for online jobs, be mindful of the platform you choose. There is no shortage of work on such platforms, but you need to beware of several fake companies. That said, here are some ideas for online jobs to earn money –
- Freelancing – One of the most popular avenues for earning money online is to offer freelance services. Various websites provide freelancers with a platform to showcase their work and services to potential employers. Freelancer.com, upwork.com, outfiverr.com, and worknhire.com are among the most popular freelancing websites on the internet.
- Peer to Peer Lending – A peer-to-peer platform is a marketplace for money lending activities. When you sign up on a forum or online money earning app, you can lend money to others in an organized and structured manner. They also have a recovery process in place. Since this is an unsecured loan with no face-to-face interaction, P2P lenders should be careful and read about the risks involved.
- Starting Your Website – Starting a website is simpler than you think. If you have enough content to build a website, you need to get a domain and choose a template on one of the website development platforms. Some of the most popular website development platforms include WordPress, GoDaddy, and Wix. Once your website is up and running, you can sign up for Google AdSense, which pays you every time your website appears in the search results and gets clicked on by visitors.
- Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing is linked to starting your website. If you have a functional website and decent traffic, you can allow companies to insert web links on your site. Whenever visitors to your site buy products or services by clicking on a web link on your site, you earn from it.
- Online Tutoring – Ever since the pandemic hit, education has moved online. If you are a teacher or an expert on any subject, you can start tutoring online. Create your profile and connect online with students using platforms such as vedantu.com or myprivatetutor.com. You can use google meet, skype, or zoom calls to take classes and correspond with them over e-mail.
- Social Media Management & Strategy – Every business needs good social media strategists who can help them build a presence on social media platforms. Social media calls for dedicated effort and long working hours to build followership. You will need to think creatively to make eye-catching posts, videos and images that can go viral to enhance the brand value.
- Web Designing – If you are interested in web development and designing, you can set up a service to develop websites for small businesses and earn from it. Small and medium enterprises often need websites, but they don’t have the resources to create them. Coding and designing are the essential elements to creating websites. You can also take up assignments for website maintenance and updates.
- Content Writing – If you have a knack for writing, you can find content writing assignments for bloggers, websites, and social media pages. Every web page needs good content to engage its visitors; you can earn online by creating this content for them. It includes writing articles, listicles, blog posts, and social media posts among many other kinds of content online.
- Blogging – Usually, bloggers select a niche subject that is their hobby, interest, or passion and create a blog around the topic. Many full-time bloggers start by creating their blog on WordPress or Tumblr and then build a following. The other option is to go for a self-hosted blog. Once you make a big enough following, you can monetize your blog through ads, product reviews, etc.
Besides the options listed above, you can also find innovative avenues to earn by selling stock photography, reviewing beta versions of websites, and making engaging YouTube videos. Whatever you choose to earn money online, choose your clients wisely and look for trusted online money-making sites. You need to develop some financial habits, Rome wasn’t built in a day, so never expect instant returns. Instead, be prepared to work hard, collaborate with genuine online money-earning sites, and slowly build your gig. There are plenty of online jobs to earn money; all you need is a drive to succeed and a positive attitude.
Aatish Khanna works with the Content Marketing team at Money Club – a digital chit fund platform that makes saving, borrowing, and investing your money more efficiently. He writes on topics to help his readers understand processes so they can make better financial decisions. He’s the go-to person that his family, friends, and colleagues turn to for all their money matters. He loves to play board games and aspires to one day build his one finance-related board game and app.
408 total views, 2 views today